Hello friends, I hope you had a wonderful Youth Day and that you had lovely day with the fathers in your lives -- if you're a father and are reading this I hope your family made you feel loved and appreciated. With today being a public holiday I know that a number of our readers are mostly concerned with sitting back and relaxing, which I fully support. This is why I've put together a concise list of 10 tips that may help improve your quality of sleep.
1. Make sure you have the correct bed for you; when a bed is lumpy, too soft or too hard it affects your quality of sleep.
2. Keep your body clock ticking -- have a consistent sleep and wake up time.
3. Nap. If you feel tired during the day then a power nap is advisable.
4. Get out and soak up some sun.
5. Keep your bedroom as dark as possible during sleeping hours.
6. Keep your bedroom as a sleep-only zone. Watch the TV and do other activities outside of bed.
7. Gadgets and electronics are no-no, especially television sets.
8. Have light dinners well before bedtime.
9. Consult your doctor should you have severe cases of apnea, insomnia etc.
10 Relax. Be sure to relieve the day's stresses before bed
I hope you find these sleep tips useful and that you have a wonderful day with your loved ones.
Sleep well, live well.