Here is the first recipe for our Eat Right, Sleep Tight series. We hope you enjoy this quick, simple but oh-so-tasty meal.
As the weather warms up, here is an alternative idea for the winter root veggies that may still be lying around your kitchen. This salad can be enjoyed cold or warm and is a great way for getting in some greens without lettuce ever having to cross your path.
- Bag of baby spinach
- Root vegetables (sweet potato, butternut and/or carrots)
- Fresh herbs (like rocket or basil)
- Sundried tomato
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees celsius.
- Chop the root veg into 2cm pieces and place on an oven tray.
- Drizzle with olive oil and season with herbs, garlic and/or chilli.
- Bake until soft (the smaller the pieces, the quicker they will soften)
- While the veg is roasting, make a bed of leaves from the spinach and fresh herbs.
- Place the roast root veg on this.
- Add the cold ingredients including tomatos, cucumber and feta.
PS: To up the protein of this meal, and stay fuller for longer, add quinoa, egg, bacon or chickpeas.