Here is the next recipe in our Eat Right, Sleep Tight series. This delicious meal doubles for either dinner or lunch and is super quick to make.
Avocado Pesto Pasta
I am a fan of Meatless Mondays, avocadoes and basil pesto. I do not why I didn't think of this delicious combo sooner...but it's avo-season right now in South Africa so why not give it a go!!
- Favourite wheat/corn pasta (my best are fettucini, spaghetti or penne)
- Flesh of 3 ripe avocadoes
- Basil leaves
- Half a clove of peeled garlic
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Whole cherry tomatoes
- Pine nuts
- Place a large pot with ample water on the stove. Add a sprinkle of salt.
- Once the waiter is boiling, add the pasta.Drain and rinse the pasta once cooked.
- Place the flesh of the avocadoes, basil leaves, olive oil and garlic in a blender.
- Whizz until a creamy consistency.
- Pan fry the cherry tomatoes and pinenuts to enhance their flavour.
- Combine pasta, sauce and the pan-fried tomatoes and pine nuts.
PS: Serve immediately as the avocado will discolour with time. This will make the meal look less appealing, although it will still taste delicious. You can add a little lemon juice to keep the colour for longer, but this will alter the taste.