Here is the next recipe in our Eat Right, Sleep Tight series. This delicious recipe makes a phenomenal breakfast, tea-time snack or dessert.
Wheat-free Oat Crunchies
I am a fan of all things wheat-free and these crunchies are delicious and totally guilt-free. Depending on your mood, you can choose to add more goodness (berries, nuts and coconut) or more treats (chocolate, sugar and honey).
- 2 cups of raw oats
- 1 cup of coconut
- half a cup sugar
- half a cup raisins/cranberries/dried fruit
- 1 cup wheat-free flour (almond/rye/corn/rice flour)
- 125g butter
- 2 tablespoons honey/syrup
- Pinch of salt
- Grease the crunchy dish and pre-heat oven to 180 degrees.
- Place butter, sugar and honey/syrup in a small pot on the stove.
- Mix the dry ingredients together in a large bowl (no need to sieve).
- Add the pot of melted goo to the dry ingredients.
- Press into the pan and bake in oven - 30 minutes for soft crunchies and 60 minutes for hard crunchies.
- Allow to cool slightly and cut into desired size.
PS: Serve cold with your favourite pot of tea or pack this into your lunchbox for a long-lasting energy boost.