DELISH DATE BALLS
This so a fuss-free, NO BAKE, date ball recipe that I found on sweetphi.com. This is a great site for foodies.
- 10 pitted Medjul dates
- 1/3 cup cashews
- 1/2 cup dessicated coconut
- 1 tbls coconut oil
- 1 tbls water
- Use a great food processor to chop the cashew nuts, then the dates, and then half the coconut.
- Now blend in the cocnut oil and water.
- Use an ice-cream spoon to form the mixture into a ball (or a melon spoon to make small bite sized balls).
- Roll the balls in the remaining coconut.
- Place the balls in cupcake/muffin pan liners and place in the fridge for at least an hour.
All that is left to do is make a great cup of rooibos tea, nibble on a date ball or two and soak up the winter sun.