0 Flares 0 Flares ×
Half of dog owners sleep with their furry loved one.
Here we way up the pros and cons.
- Your bed will smell like your pet... smelly dog, stinky bed.
- Your bed will really be your dog's bed.
- Your dog will see you as his equal which means you are now one of his pack rather than his master. This can lead to aggressive behaviour.
- Your dog will breathe on you and he may have eaten faeces that day... or not.
- Half of those who sleep with their dog report being woken up regularly contributing towards sleep deprivation.
- Having pets in the bedroom will cause allergies and asthma to flair up.
- When you cuddle a pet you lower your heart rate and blood pressure - dogs are like a furry relaxation technique.
- Loving a dog can ward off depression and lead to a longer life.
- Pets offer a feeling of security and help alleviate anxiety.
- You get to stay warm on cold nights thanks to a pet-shaped hot water bottle.
- Sleeping with a dog makes really cute photographs like this one of Beau & Theo.
Which side of the co-sleeping debate do you find yourself sleeping on?