Time for a little healthy eating after all the Easter treats? You won't find a hint of chocolate or pastry here Sealy fans... but there is tons of DELICIOUSNESS!
I am a fan of great food, but an even bigger fan of food that tastes great and doesn't require a lot of clean up time.
I found this recipe on Frugality Gal. And have translated it into SAFA below!
FOIL BAKED SALMON & ASPARAGUS
- 4 Salmon Fillets
- 3 fresh lemons
- 30g of salted butter cut into 8 pieces
- 700 grams of Asparagus shoots (you will only use the tops)
- Sea Salt (to taste)
- Pepper (to taste)
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees celsius.
- Wash asparagus and cut the spears in half. Place asparagus tops in a large bowl. Save and store the bottom of the spears for other uses like stirfrys, soups, stews, etc., rather than throwing them away. I love this tip!
- Sprinkle sea salt, pepper and juice from half of a lemon over asparagus tops and stir to evenly coat asparagus tops.
- Cut a generously sized rectangular piece of aluminum foil and place asparagus side by side. Use enough to create a bed for your piece of salmon. I personally used six to seven pieces of asparagus per foil pouch.
- Place salmon on top of asparagus. Sprinkle salt, pepper and lemon juice over the top. Place 2 pieces of butter over the salmon. Top with 2 slices of lemon. Repeat until all foil pouches are created.
- Then fold foil pouches and close them (seam side up) and place in oven for 25 to 30 minutes, or until asparagus is fork tender.
The only clean-up will be your chopping boards as you discard the foil once cooked. To be sure there are no accidents make sure you are generous with the tin foil and seal the edges well.