Autumn is almost here in the Southern Hemisphere and I’m so excited! Don’t get me wrong, I love summer and all the lovely weather and clothes and parties and and and… But autumn is my girl, you feel the change in the air you breathe and on some days get to layer outfits without the winter bulk. In winter I really feel like I am constantly cold in public and when I do feel warm I feel like I’m wearing half my wardrobe. Read on for some beauty tips for the transition season.
Those of us who were good and wore sunscreen each time we went out in the sun and put it back on when we came out of the water have very little to worry about. Our skin will stay velvety and lovely, just as long as we keep the hand, knees and feet lotion coming. Lotion keeps the ash at bay.
Those who were bad and are still peeling from the ordeal will need to adopt a strict moisturising routine. The skin needs to recover from the harshness of summer (brought on by your unwillingness to just dab on some high SPF lotions.) To counter your rough and dehydrated skin you will need to follow these measures:
- Exfoliate and get rid of all the dead cells that have built onto your skin’s surface. You need to exfoliate but always remember to be gentle because rough exfoliating can cause further damage to your skin. Try to use a natural product that perhaps contains tea tree oil and one that will increase the skin’s ability to absorb nutrients, namely exfoliates with pH balance.
- Moisturise while you cleanse, creamy moisturisers that will keep your skin soft while you cleanse, just be careful of clogging your pores.
- Use products that are made for your skin type. Just because your skin is dehydrated that doesn’t mean you should start using oily products made for combination skin. Stick to moisturisers and cleansers made for oily skin – this will help prevent the pore clogging mentioned above and return your skin to its former glory.
- Drink plenty of water.
- Eat omega-3 rich foods as well as food full of anti-oxidants.
- Sleep, give your skin time to rejuvenate – they don’t call it beauty sleep for nothing.
Go forth Jetsetters and attain that glowing skin, I would love to see your autumn fashion ensembles, do send links to pictures.
*Image found here.