Here is the next recipe in our Eat Right, Sleep Tight series. This delicious meal makes for a colourful Summer meal.
A Little Thai Stir-fry
This is one of the few recipes that our friends request from my wonderful man. He returned from a work trip to Thailand and transformed our Meatless Mondays with this tasty vegetarian meal.
- 1 cup rice (whichever you prefer)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- splash of lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- splash of dry gin
- 4 tablespoons soya sauce
- salt/pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon of chopped ginger
- 1 teaspoon of chopped garlic
- 4 carrots
- 4 courgettes
- 250g pack of white mushrooms
- small yellow, red and green peppers
- 1 onion
- Cook rice as per instructions.
- While rice is boiling, chop all vegetables a la julienne (long and thin).
- When rice is 5 minutes away from being cooked, start heating olive oil, onions, garlic, ginger, sugar, dry gin, lemon juice, soya sauce and salt/pepper.
- Place vegetables into the sauce and stir fry until they start to bend.
- Remove rice and stir-fry mix from heat and serve.
PS: Add some fresh chilli or cayenne pepper for a lovely zing.