Here is the next recipe in our Eat Right, Sleep Tight series. This delicious recipe makes a phenomenal Summer snack or dessert.
This is one of the recipes that models/fitness freaks/health addicts keep amongst themselves. It's one of my firm favourites as it pleases young, old and the dairy intolerant. It's also delicious... which helps. The ice-cream 'base' is frozen bananas. You can vary the ingredients to suit your palette.
- 6 frozen bananas (not over-ripe)
- 1 cup of mixed berries
- half a cup chocolate chips
- half a cup chopped nuts
- Take the bananas out the freezer and thaw slightly.
- Place bananas in blender on high for 3 minutes.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix so that the pieces are evenly distributed.
- Pour into a 2l ice cream container and freeze for 2 hours.
- Mix thoroughly to break up any ice crystals and freeze overnight.
PS: Dip a spoon in hot water if you want to create round ice cream balls.
PSS: Sprinkle with your favourite topping (I love coconut!)
For more inspiration see here.